TrailKids Early Childhood
Ages birth through preschool
TrailKids Early Childhood gives children birth through preschool a first impression of their loving, Heavenly Father in such a way that it creates a lasting impression in the heart of a child.
Early Childhood at Preston Trail leads with the end in mind. By the time a child is in Kindergarten, we want him to know three basic truths:
God made me.
God loves me.
Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
In our atrium you will see a brightly colored First Time Family Registration counter located near our Early Childhood area. One of our team members will greet you, guide you through the registration process, and personally escort you to your child’s classroom.
We are committed to making your child’s time with us safe and meaningful.
- Upon check-in, your child is given a numbered security tag. This sticker is placed on your child’s back. This number matches the tag you are given. You will not be allowed to pick up your child until the numbers are matched on these tags. If we need to call you out of service, we will text you.
- Be sure to get an allergy alert or potty training sticker for your child, if needed.
- Each volunteer goes through a criminal background check.
- For safety reasons, we ask that you drop off and pick up your child outside the door of the classroom.
- Our coaches monitor the hallways during services.
What to Expect
Early Childhood at Preston Trail creates a fun, safe, clean and faith-filled experience.
Early Childhood at Preston Trail connects kids to caring leaders and a consistent group of similar-age friends.
Early Childhood at Preston Trail partners with parents in the spiritual formation of their own children.
We know leaving your baby for the first time may be overwhelming! The serving team members in our nursery rooms have a love for children of this age and look forward to caring for the needs of your child.
- Please bring diapers, bottles, pacifiers, and any other special items that will help soothe your baby during their time with us.
- Please label all items with your child’s name.
- Please fill out the "Baby Time" card outside the classroom door to let us know any details regarding feeding and napping schedules.
Crawlers, Walkers and 18-24 months:
This is a fun and busy age! Our classrooms are designed with this in mind. Our serving team members are fun and keep toddlers engaged in active play!
- Please send extra diapers and an extra change of clothes. Please label all items with your child’s name, including pacifiers, cups, diapers, etc.
- Snacks/Allergies: We are a peanut-free environment. We provide Cheerios up to 18 months and animal crackers for 18 months - 3 years. Occasionally we provide other snacks. Please check the allergy alert posted outside your child’s classroom door each week, and please ensure any allergies have been entered in our system. An allergy alert will print on your child's identification sticker each week.
- Wellness Policy: For the protection of all children, we must decline admission to children with the following symptoms: runny nose, rash, persistent cough, diarrhea or any other symptoms of illness. Children must be free of fever for 24 hours before coming to our Early Childhood environment at Preston Trail.